BEFORE ALL CLASSES
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Throughout the day….start making a habit of it.
- Arrive at least 10 minutes before class
- First time arrive at least 20 minutes before class
- Turn off all cell phones, pagers, noisemakers, etc. and do not bring them into the yoga room
- Bring a big towel to go over your yoga mat
- Have clean feet and be perfume free
- Bring yoga clothes or lite sport clothes like shorts and a top
- Bring water!
- Avoid big meals 2-3 hrs before class, best to just hydrate and avoid food until after class
[stextbox id=”alert” caption=”Medical Conditions” collapsing=”false” shadow=”true” bgcolor=”f19a0d” cbgcolor=”f19a0d”]If you have any health issues please inform the instructor before class[/stextbox]
- Refrain from talking in the yoga room. Many students use the time before class to quietly meditate and center themselves as they prepare for class
- Do your very best to stay in the yoga room once class begins. If an emergency requires you to leave, please leave and re—enter between postures.
- You may bring bottled water into class with you — the teacher will indicate the points during class when everyone takes their water breaks…..Party Time!
- Practice stillness between postures
- Focus on only yourself in the mirror
- Do not talk during class
- If you feel dizzy any time, be certain to breathe through your nose only, and take breaks as needed. Push yourself, but don’t overdo it
- Observe silence after the final savasana
- Leave the room quietly. Respect others
- Enjoy the peace and energy you’re taking with you from class, and make up your mind to come back tomorrow!
- Give yourself sometime after class, relax and drink water or herbal tea to replenish fluids
- We’ll be happy to answer any questions you might have about a posture before or after class, just ask
- From class to class your body will remember the process and heat in the room so you will make progress incredibly fast. Your body wil become more flexible, strength and balance will increase. Automatically you will learn to synchronize breath and movement and use your strength to last equally thorugh the entire class. You will also learn to respect your personal limits.
- Our tip: Come to as many classes as you can, especially when using the Intro offer.