This first week of the detox:
Say goodbye to:
- Processed junk foods,
- White flours, wheat
- Fried food, fast food,
- Processed meats,
- Begin to wean yourself off caffeine.
Say hello to:
- Smoothies with a variety of vegetables and some fruits
- Natural nut butters,
Transitioning off animal proteins:
- Choose wild-caught fish.
- Organic eggs and gradually decrease poultry during the week and choose only organic varieties when you eat them.
- By last day of the week, your protein should come solely from plant sources such as beans, nuts, and legumes (for example, black beans, hummus, chick-peas, lentils, edamame).
Transitioning off dairy:
- Choose only low or non-fat organic dairy with little to no added sugars. If you choose soy, rice or almond milk get unflavored/plain to limit the sugar content.
- Choose organic cheese, and transition from cow’s milk cheese to goat cheese by the middle of the week.
- By the end of the week (day 5) all dairy should be out of your diet.
Look for your Week 1 email for more information on transitioning and foods to replace your regular diet.
Questions? Comments? Please sign in and leave them below.